Sunday, January 16, 2011

Market Watch

As I noted last post, the California Gift Show starts this Tuesday. We’re anxiously awaiting the start of this year’s market season as the bellwether of what’s to come in subsequent months.

Fashion trends, always a fickle beast, are always best served with a grain of salt. Take too large a serving and it makes your feast unpalatable, too little and it may be too bland. For me, the pleasure of the market is the hunt for fabulous products and, of course, the challenges of putting it all together so it makes sense to the consumer (that would be you).

This year, things are a little different. The game has changed and I’m stalking a more uniquely different product. I’ll be searching out more local goods, more fair trade items and more American made merchandise.

We’ll soon be moving things around in the store as well, so expect to see an even more welcoming atmosphere in the coming year. Comfortable is our catchword and hopefully our store will reflect that along with our values of locality, hospitality and honest, friendly service. Come shop with us for a taste of the best of Altadena!

I’ll be updating you about what’s happening at the show throughout the week on our Facebook friend page, so be sure to check there to see what’s new, what’s cool and what’s so last week…..

Until next week, my friends. Have a wonderful week!

Lori & Scott

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I like your insight into the changes your adapting to and thinking about. Fascinating.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Margaret, I appreciate it!