Sunday, January 9, 2011

Looking Foward In 2011

Here we are, 8 days into the new year already! I can't say that I'm real sorry to see 2010 expire. I'm glad we have a new year, a whole year, to accomplish many goals.

I have an aversion to the term "new years resolution" because I can never seem to follow through with them. From the start, at 12:01 am on January 1st of every year, these resolutions weigh heavy and reek of finality. I think that "goal" is a much better description for what we attempt to achieve (or give up)on a yearly basis. It gives us a bit of leeway in case events necessitate compromise.

This year I have many goals, personal and for WFS. Personally, I have most of the same goals everyone has, such as losing weight and spending more time with my family. For WFS, I have several, but the most important goal I have is to thank our crew. This store wouldn't run without them, so from Scott and I to the WFS Crew....Leilana De Los Santos, our manager; Shawnte Howard; Sean Fitz-Gerald; Megan Nelson; and Aaron Akers......thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! You are the heart and soul of WFS. Keep up the good work and know we appreciate each one of you equally.

Another goal of ours is to move WFS more in the direction of ecologically and socially responsible products. We'll talk more about those plans later on, but this is something that is going to take a lot of research and work. We're also committed to moving our part of Altadena forward in the coming year. As a board member of the Chamber of Commerce, I'll be part of the second meeting with L.A. County officials regarding the revitalization of our North Lake Business District. I'll report more on that as plans develop, and I'm confident that we'll get some action soon.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Lori & Scott

4 comments:

pasadenapio said...

Happy new year to you and yours, and best wishes for much continued success in 2011.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Ann....and to you as well!

Margaret said...

It's great to see you thanking your crew. So many people go unappreciated, and it's so important to feel valuable.

Unknown said...

I agree, Margaret, and I remember how I felt when I was the employee.

Thanks for stopping by!