Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where Everyone Knows Your Name

Every once in awhile, an article in our local newsblogs generate many responses.  Two such articles in Altadena's Patch.com have done that this week and I think they're worthy of your time to check out.  Of course, if you're not local, you might think that it's really not something you're interested in.  I say, au contraire, mon ami - all of us need to be concerned about our local independent businesses these days.

The first of these posts was written by friend Karin Bugge.  I love her style and what she has to say.  You'll find this article here.  It's called Unoccupied Lake Street, and the comments are very interesting.

The second article, written by Patch editor Dan Abendschein, is short in length and about a local restaurant closing down.  Again, comments are interesting.  You'll find that article here.

In stark contrast, here's an article from NBC Today Show's Mike Leonard about the value of an old-fashioned business' wonderful customer service.  I think you'll enjoy the accompanying video - my goodness, the entrance from the back alley sure looks a lot like Steve's Bikes!  You'll find a lot of correlation, I believe, with many independent businesses in your area....I'm sure you know of one or two without thinking about it much.  View this video here.

All this to say (briefly, because I know it's Superbowl Sunday) that there is something inherently valuable in local businesses.  They're like a love-letter to your community......go out and experience one today!

Have a wonderful week, my friends, and enjoy!

Lori and Scott

No comments: