Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Is All You Need



Today while we celebrate those whom we love, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on just how blessed Scott and I are. With lives as busy as ours have become since taking ownership of WFS, the notion of enjoying a romantic evening has gone out the window. So here I am at my keyboard, waiting for our delivery Valentine's meal and I'm about to tell you what I admire most about my husband.

Scott's the kind of guy that's so easy-going and mellow, it's difficult to be in a bad mood around him. I appreciate that quality in him so much since it balances out my more assertive tendencies. His gentle, winning way with people is something that fascinates me. He's comfortable talking to just about anyone and always is able to find common ground that makes reciprocal conversation easy.

I like watching his eyes sparkle when he's engaged in conversation with someone. It seems there's nothing he likes better than to find out about whomever he's talking to without boring them with repetitious details about himself. He is definitely a people person!

Then there's his voice. Long known as the "voice of Webster's", his low, resonate timber is distinctly his own. I remember when I first applied for a job at Webster's back in 1995 and he called me to set up an appointment. His voice was so interesting and I knew then that he was going to be someone special in my life.

Scott has so many more strengths, but I think his most important quality is his sense of personal integrity. No matter what obstacles are thrown in his way, I've seen Scott come shining through every time. His innate goodness seems to radiate off him and that sometimes makes him a target for those that take advantage of people like him. A word of warning to those advantage takers, though....the man is willing to forgive but he'll never forget.

So this is my Valentine's Day ode to my wonderful husband, whom I love dearly. Wish I could buy him a vacation, a day off, a new car or even fix that darn water main, but I can't. What I can do is tell the world why he's so special to me and to many other folks as well, because I think he deserves to know.

5 comments:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

That was absolutely beautiful, Lori. You've definitely hit the jackpot with your man!

Unknown said...

I have indeed, Rose. Thank you!

Petrea Burchard said...

Lovely tribute to a lovely man. He's a great guy--generous, friendly--one of the reasons we shop at Webster's and one of the reasons we love Altadena.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry, had to delete my comment above because my fingers aren't awake yet.

Thank you, Petrea, for your kind words!