Thursday, February 14, 2008





First of all, let me apologize for deleting the wordy post about what Webser's Fine Stationers carries. I uploaded a few pics that I realized were not rotated correctly.....couldn't fix it so I ended up scratching the whole enchilada. Then I realized that I was jumping the gun a bit. I ran across some pictures I'd taken three or four years ago of the entire Webster's shopping complex and a couple of them show how our store looked prior to our renovation. I thought, why not continue the thread of the prior posts, and show what we've done with our store and how, in our humble opinions, improved it.




The picture on the right, above, shows Sherrie, a former manager, on the stairway between the Hallmark store and our Stationery store.....note that the passways between the stores is what our customers miss the most. Funny, though, that quite a few folks complained repeatedly about those stairs when they were there.....how difficult they were to get down and why didn't we get a ramp? The Corporation did end up putting a lift in at the stairway between the Stationery store and the Pharmacy a couple years ago....it ended up being sold when the walls between the stores went up last summer. The first picture is the old cash-wrap station in its old position in the middle of the store. Customer service (gift wrap, gift cards, utility payments) and the Post Office were located to the far right of the cash-wrap....they've since been relocated to the Pharmacy. The third picture, on top, shows the old Customer Service station along with part of the Stationery aisles.
Since I haven't figured this whole posting thing yet, I'm going to end this here and continue on tomorrow with more pictures of the store during construction (yes, we remained open throughout it all), winding up with a third post on how it looks today. Hope you're all having a warm and wonderful Valentines Day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my Nana works there....

Unknown said...

Hi, Santana! I've heard alot about you from your Nana and I'm so glad you posted on our blog. I'll make sure she knows you posted, and we hope you continue to keep in touch with us through the store's blog. How much fun is this?