Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving Thanks

Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light. Give thanks for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. And if perchance you see no reason for giving thanks, rest assured the fault is in yourself.
                              ---- Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Indian Chief


I know I said I was going to take a break this week, but then I remembered something I hadn't done.  Something important.  I'd not mentioned that Scott and I are grateful for many, many things, but most of all we're grateful for the support of so many fabulous people!
To our friends from high school, both Scott's and mine - and there are a lot of you out there - thank you for being around after all these years!  Thanks for listening to us ramble on about the store, looking at the pictures, and even commenting on our Facebook page - you rock!

To my decorating friends from G.I. who've hung in there with us for all this time and letting me go from a decor-obsessed housewife to an independent store owner with baggage, thank you and I love you all!  I really miss our discussions, too, but I'm so glad we can keep in touch via social media.

To the friends we've made in Altadena and to the people we've connected with digitally, thank you for allowing us into your life.  Thanks for lending an ear; thank you for your attention and we thank you for allowing us to shape our store into what we believe it can be.  We thank you for bearing with us while we do it.

As always, I'm amazed by all of you!  You give us inspiration, you give us hope and you all give us a reason to be.....grateful.


Have a great week ahead, friends!  For a look at what's happening at the store in December, and for a very important coupon you can use for UPS shipping now through December, see our newsletter here.

Lori and Scott

No comments: