Sunday, November 14, 2010

Decline or Incline? Can We Recline?

The above title is facetiously capping on http://daronanderson.blogspot.com/2010/11/decline-of-lake-street.html#comments, Daron Anderson's recent blogpost. I'm posting the link here because it's a good blogpost about how a community member feels about what's happening in our North Lake Business District these days. He's concerned, as are many people.

But I also read Monica Hubbard's Altadena Women's Newsletter this evening and I hope she doesn't mind if I quote her, as she reports on a possible town-hall meeting or meetings for people to talk about their concerns. She says, "I confess that I'm weary of discussing concerns. What I'd like to discuss is what's going well. What are the good things we have going for us up here - and there are plenty! - and how can we build on those. Can we co-create a common vision for
our little town that might form the foundation for some shared "guiding principles" around which all our efforts could be aligned? May not come to pass, but I like daydreaming about it." Bravo, Monica!

I recommend you read Daron's post and I also recommend reading the comments, one of which is mine.

Onto WFS news! It's looking a lot like the holidays at the store and of course, we're working like busy bees getting it all out and set up. We'll have to move quickly because this Friday evening we'll be hosting an book signing and wine pairing event.....look for the invitation on Facebook tomorrow!

Have a great week, my friends!

No comments: