Sunday, October 24, 2010

Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace

Hope all of you are enjoying your Sunday evening and are ready to start a new week. It's certainly been an interesting week over here at WFS! With new merchandise on its way in and coming into the week of Halloween, we're looking forward to getting the fourth quarter shopping season started.

This next week will see Halloween come down and holiday 2010 go up. We're also excited about a few things we've got in the works....there's a book signing with local author Hugh Bonar scheduled for Nov. 13th and a special Thanksgiving wine tasting with our favorite wine experts, Anne L. Bannon and Michael Holland. The date for the wine tasting is yet to be set, but we're thinking November 20th.

I wanted to bring a couple of discussions taking place on other venues that might be of interest to you. Michele Zack, Altadena historian, award-winning author and outstanding citizen, is currently writing a series of articles on Altadenablog, http://wwww.altadenablog.com, dealing with the future of business in Altadena. Simultaneously, in another newsblog, Altadena Patch.com, http://www.altadena.patch.com, has posted an interview with Richard Bruckner, the new planning director for the County of Los Angeles, which details his plans for Altadena. I recommend reading both articles and all the comments....it certainly is an eye-opener! Of course, you'll find my comments there as well, so I'll leave them off the blog. Those of you who've been following me know how I feel about Altadena, know my plans for our business district here and are hopefully aware of the precarious situation for our businesses. I urge you to read both articles and ask that you weigh in with your thoughts. If we don't make our desires known now, then we stand to let others define how our community will develop in the future.

Thank you, my friends.....Scott and I wish you a pleasant week ahead!

Lori & Scott

2 comments:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I hope you have a most wonderful holiday season! Looking forward to seeing all the great goodies, too. Great to see the numbers of followers growing on FB; people appreciating your message of local businesses and responsible practices.

Your passion for encouraging people to participate in the Altadena community is always inspiring. And I have to believe it's having an effect, hopefully a very positive one.

Unknown said...

Dear Rose, thank you so much! I hope my message is having a positive effect as well. We'll see....the Altadena community is notoriously hard to reach.

I did have a positive outcome to an online debate I was having with an old customer in one of those two links I provided. He and his wife came into the store yesterday to speak to Scott and I and I believe that we put to rest some reservations he had. Yay us!