Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tax Season, Bootcamp and Earth Day

We're back after taking a short hiatus to finish up my presentation for the Business Builders Bootcamp and get our tax return finalized.  Once again I vow to be better organized about it all next year!

My presentation for the Bootcamp class wasn't just the culmination of weeks of Friday classes, it's actually the beginning of our endeavors to improve the North Lake Business District.  The august panel of business leaders in our community who listened to me gave Scott and I some wonderful advice and much to do.  What was encouraging was their collective enthusiasm for our plan.  It's nice to know that I'm not completely out of my tree as I push towards a stronger, more unified center of business here.  When we have all our ducks lined up, I'll publish my oral presentation as a blogpost.

During the past two or so weeks, there's been quite a bit happening at the store.  New items have come in, such as jewelry from local resident (and crew member) Devon Pettengill, adorable plush animals for the kids, books for young and old and some very clever wood sign & bud vase combos that are perfect for Mother's Day!  The most exciting Earth Day celebration has been planned for Thursday, April 22nd, here at the store.  Beginning at 2:30 p.m., noted author, radio personality and local resident Revvell Revati will be here to sign and discuss her new book, Smoothies & Smoozies for Life.  Representatives from the Arroyo Food Co-op will also be here to answer any of your questions, and together, they and Revvell will impart tips and advice on Being Green From The Inside Out.  They'll be here until 6:00 p.m., so make plans to join us for this informative and fun event!

Looking foward to seeing you Thursday and Scott and I wish you all a great week ahead!

3 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

I look 4ward to hearing the progress to improve the north lake biz district.

As far as vowing to be better organized for tax time next year, I usually find someone has to hold the txpayer accountable to that kinda thing. Either your acct or tx preparer may have to do some hand holding if you find yourself in the same boat next yr.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to progress, too, big Dog.....thanks!

As for the taxes, I'm afraid I'm an incorrigible non-preparer. I need an in-house butt kicking bookkeeper!

Cafe Pasadena said...

Join the big club of those needing competent financial help!